Adult Book Club Sets
Book Club Sets for your group!
Now including fresh, recently purchased titles.
NEW! You can now borrow individual copies of our book club books! Just grab a copy from our Book Club Set shelf and check it out for 3 weeks just like any other library book. If you’d rather take multiple copies for your book group, you can still do that too!
Each set contains 6 copies (except as noted below).
BOOK CLUB IN A BAG SETS:
- A man called Ove (7 copies) / Fredrik Backman
- A Tale for the time being (7 copies) / Ruth Ozeki
- All my puny sorrows / Miriam Toews
- All the light we cannot see : A novel / Anthony Doerr
- Best laid plans / Terry Fallis
- Children of the jacaranda tree (10 copies) / Sahar Delijani
- Elegance / Kathleen Tessaro
- Ellen in pieces / Caroline Adderson
- Fallen / Kara Stanley
- Far to go (8 copies) / Alison Pick
- Girl on the train (8 copies) / Paula Hawkins
- Go set a watchman (8 copies) / Harper Lee
- H is for hawk (8 copies) / Helen Macdonald
- Harem midwife / Roberta Rich
- Little Paris bookshop : a novel (9 copies) / Nina George
- Luminaries (7 copies) / Eleanor Catton
- Medicine walk (8 copies) / Richard Wagamese
- Night circus / Erin Morgenstern
- One-way bridge / Cathie Pelletier
- Paris wife / Paula McLain
- Red notice : a true story of high finance, murder, and one man’s fight for justice ( 8 copies) / Bill Browder.
- State of wonder / Ann Patchett
- Sweetland / Michael Crummey
- Sweetness at the bottom of the pie /Alan Bradley
- Tell the wolves I’m home (9 copies) / Carol Rifka Brunt
- Visit sunny Chernobyl / Andrew Blackwell
- War on science / Chris Turner
- What a mother knows / Leslie Lehr
- Where’d you go, Bernadette? (8 copies) / Maria Semple
- We are all completely besides ourselves (8 copies) / Karen Joy Fowler
- Y / Majorie Celona
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Loan period? Three weeks
- Additional copies? You may be able find additional copies of certain titles in our catalogue.
- Suggestions? We’re always open to suggestions for new titles. Suggested titles must be available in paperback (usually about a year after hardcover publication). The Library will not be able to purchase all suggested titles.
Starting Your Own Book Club?
Visit the links below for information on how to get your own book club going:
- NoveList [library card needed]
Includes book reviews, read-alikes, author biographies and discussion questions.
- GoodReads Includes reader reviews, trivia, reading lists, etc. You can choose to sign up and share book lists.
- BookClubs.ca Focuses on Canadian titles and includes reading guides, information about author events, and books in the news.
An online book club that anyone can join.
- Oprah’s Book Club
Includes recommended book lists, author interviews and more.
Includes reviews, previews, stories behind the books, author interviews, reading guides, and more.
- Mostly, we eat!
A long-running book club that includes recommended reads and advice on starting a book club.