Library Card & Membership Policy
Getting a Library card
- Cards are free to residents of Gibsons, Elphinstone, West Howe Sound, Roberts Creek, Sechelt & Halfmoon Bay. A maximum of
- 40 items may be borrowed at one time on an Adult card.
- Residents of InterLINK (Sunshine Coast and lower mainland) communities may use their valid “home library” card to borrow GDPL materials.
- To apply, just bring identification with your current address. Children may get their own library cards. Applicants under 16 require a parent or legal guardian to sign on their behalf.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately. Until your card is reported missing, you are responsible for items borrowed on it.
- Cards must be presented to borrow materials.
- Due to Privacy concerns, if you have asked someone else to pick up your items they MUST bring your card to do this. This applies even to siblings and spouses.
Using your Library card at Lower Mainland Libraries
GDPL is a partner in the InterLINK network of libraries. This means that with ID, you are able to use your valid GDPL card to borrow materials from any of the 16 member libraries and return these items to GDPL. Or you can return our items to another Interlink member library. Learn more about InterLINK.