Super SHORT– Super SCARY STORY Writing Submissions Due
Updated September 28, 2017
The challenge is to write a scary story that is exactly 6 words long.
Stories must be original works, written by you.
Enter by October 14th. Here’s how:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Write “Short Story Submission” in the subject heading
- In the body of the email include (up to 3) six-word stories
- Also in the body of the email include:
- your first and last name
- the age category you are submitting to
- an email and phone number where we can contact you
Prizes & publication for winners in each age category:
7-9 yrs., 10-13 yrs., 14-17 yrs., or 18+ yrs.
See story examples below.
Go on, scare us.
Examples of six-word scary stories:
Death extends his hand, smiling; “Deal?” ~ A. Jones
Your yearbook picture has gone viral. ~ Unknown
Home alone; the tap turns on. ~ Anonymous
Car wheels screech, training wheels spin. ~ E. Welsh
A maggot wriggling, inside my lollipop. ~ D. Arsenault