Adult Book Club Sets
We have Book Club Sets for your reading group!
You can now borrow individual copies of our book club books! Just grab a copy from our Book Club Set shelf and check it out for 3 weeks just like any other library book. If you’d rather take multiple copies for your book group, you can still do that too!
Each set contains 6 copies.
BOOK CLUB SETS (can also be taken out individually) :
- 21 things you may not know about the Indian Act / Bob Joseph
- A little life : a novel / Hanya Yanagihara
- A man called Ove / Fredrik Backman
- A tale for the time being / Ruth Ozeki
- Alice network / Kate Quinn
- All my puny sorrows / Miriam Toews
- All the light we cannot see : A novel / Anthony Doerr
- Anatomist’s tale / Tauno Biltsted
- Becoming / Michelle Obama
- Black Moses / Alain Mabanckou
- Book of sands / Karim Alwari
- Break / Katherena Vermette
- Brother / David Chariandy
- Chop suey nation / Anna Hui
- City of girls / Elizabeth Gilbert
- Do not say we have nothing / Madeleine Thien
- Dragon Springs Road : a novel / Janie Chang
- Dual Citizens / Alix Ohlin
- Ellen in pieces / Caroline Adderson
- Everything here is beautiful / Mira T. Lee
- Fallen / Kara Stanley
- Fat woman next door is pregnant / Michel Tremblay
- Fishermen / Chigozie Obioma
- Fortunate brother / Donna Morrissey
- Giovanni’s room / James Baldwin
- Girl on the train / Paula Hawkins
- Glass hotel / Emily St. John Mandel
- Go set a watchman / Harper Lee
- H is for hawk / Helen Macdonald
- Harem midwife / Roberta Rich
- High school / Sarah and Tegan Quin
- I hope we choose love / Kai Cheng Thom
- Idaho / Emily Ruskovich
- Inconvenient Indian : a curious account of native people in North America / Thomas King
- Jonny Appleseed / Joshua Whitehead
- Lands of lost borders : out of bounds on the Silk Road / Kate Harris
- Light between oceans : a novel / M.L. Stedman
- Little Paris bookshop : a novel / Nina George
- Lost girls of camp forevermore / Kim Fu
- Man’s search for meaning / Viktor E. Frankl
- Medicine walk / Richard Wagamese
- Moccasin Square Gardens / Richard Van Camp
- My brilliant friend / Elena Ferrante
- My name is Lucy Barton / Elizabeth Strout.
- Night circus / Erin Morgenstern
- On Earth we’re briefly gorgeous / Ocean Vuong
- One good thing / Rebecca HendryParcel / Anosh Irani
- Paris wife / Paula McLain
- Ragged company / Richard Wagamese
- Reason you walk / Wab Kinew
- Red notice / Bill Browder
- Sellout / Paul Beatty
- Sing, unburied, sing / Jesmyn Ward
- Split tooth / Tanya Tagaq
- State of wonder / Ann Patchett
- Sweetland / Michael Crummey
- Tell the wolves I’m home / Carol Rifka Brunt
- This is how it always is / Laurie Frankel
- Warlight / Michael Ondaatje
- Washington Black : a novel / Esi Edugyan
- Where’d you go, Bernadette? / Maria Semple
- We are all completely besides ourselves / Karen Joy Fowler
- Wonder : a novel / Emma Donoghue
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Loan period? Three weeks
- Additional copies? You may be able find additional copies of certain titles in our catalogue.
- Suggestions? We’re always open to suggestions for new titles. Suggested titles must be available in paperback (usually about a year after hardcover publication). The Library will not be able to purchase all suggested titles.
Starting Your Own Book Club?
Visit the links below for information on how to get your own book club going:
- NoveList [library card needed]
Includes book reviews, read-alikes, author biographies and discussion questions.
- GoodReads Includes reader reviews, trivia, reading lists, etc. You can choose to sign up and share book lists.
- BookClubs.ca Focuses on Canadian titles and includes reading guides, information about author events, and books in the news.
An online book club that anyone can join.
- Oprah’s Book Club
Includes recommended book lists, author interviews and more.
Includes reviews, previews, stories behind the books, author interviews, reading guides, and more.
- Mostly, we eat!
A long-running book club that includes recommended reads and advice on starting a book club.
- NoveList [library card needed]