Get Takeout from your Library!
We are working on a phased approach to re-open the Library when it is safe to do so sometime in June.
Until then, enjoy Library Takeout.
How it works:
- Go to our catalogue and search for items available in Gibsons that you would like to borrow. You may borrow up to 10 items.
- Fill out the online form. (please note you can’t place holds at this time- you need to use the online form to make requests.)
- Staff will then find your requests, check them out to you, and contact you by when your items are available.
- Pick up and Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What safety protocols will be in place for Library Takeout?
- As per best safety practices, all materials are quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours and hard plastic DVDs and CDs are cleaned with sanitizing wipes.
2. When can I pick up my items?
- Items will only be available for pick up at your designated time, between 10am and 3pm, Tuesday to Saturday. Please wait until you receive confirmation on your pick up appointment before coming to the library.
3. How many items may I request?
- You may borrow up to 10 items at this time.
4. Can I only request books?
- No, you may borrow anything that has a status of “available” at the Gibsons Library. This includes DVDs, CDs and magazines.
5. Can I request items from Sechelt or other BC libraries?
- No. Library Takeout is only for Gibsons Library items.
6. How long can I borrow the items for?
- At this time, everything will be a 3-week loan, regardless of the item type.
7. I may not be able to return the items in time. Will there be fines for overdues?
- No. There will be no fines for any overdues at this time. Return the items when it’s safe and prudent to do so.
8. What if I don’t know what I want to borrow? Can you pick something out for me?
- Yes! We’d love to help! Make a note on the bottom of the form that you’d like help choosing titles or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org . You can give us a hint of what you generally like to read and our reference librarians can curate a takeout order for you.
9. Can I just call you with my order instead?
- Sure. We’d love to hear from you! Call us at 604.389.2007 or 604-886-2130.
10. I have other questions. Who can I talk to?
- We’re always here to help. Call us at 604.389.2007 or 604-886-2130. Or you can email us anytime at email@example.com.