Monthly Reading Challenge for August – For readers ages 5 to 14
Do your kids need a little extra incentive to love reading?
Check out this reading-inspired challenge card with 9 playful activities that encourage kids to: read, listen, connect, explore, share, and imagine. Completing all 9 challenges by the end of the month will be fun and could earn them a sweet prize.
Playing along with the Monthly Reading Challenge is easy.
- Print a Reading Challenge Card from below or pick one up at the library’s front door.
- Have fun completing the challenges in whatever order you want.
- Date & colour-in the appropriate square once a challenge has been completed.
- Submit completed cards to the library before the end of the month.
You can either:
- Fold and drop your card in the library’s Book Return slot, or
- Take a picture of your card and email it to the library reference desk
Young readers (ages 5-9) will have the chance to win one of two, $30 gift cards.
Older readers (ages 10-14) will have the chance to win a $60 gift card.
The library intends to support local businesses by purchasing gift cards locally, and giving winners as much choice as possible about where their gift card is from. Possibilities include but are not limited to: Coast Gravity Park, Nevermore Toys & Games, Mike’s Place & Gelato, Pastimes Toy Store, London Drugs, Elphinstone Cycles, Talewind Books, Lisa’s Framing & Art Supplies, Source for Sports, Game Point, All For Pets, La Petite Souris Chocolate, The Elphinstone Gem Shop, Cheekey Monkey Cupcake Shop, etc.
Each age group has their own Reading Challenge Card. Be sure to print the right one.