Exhibition of Art in the Library
Call for submissions:
Art at the Gibsons Public Library, 2019
The Gibsons Public Library displays work from a different local artist or group of artists every six weeks. The purpose in displaying artwork at the Gibsons and District Public Library is to:
- Provide Library users with the opportunity to see and experience works of original art created by artists, mainly from within their own community;
- Provide a community space for local artists to present their work (the library receives approximately 8,000 visits per month); and
- Enhance the public use and enjoyment of their library facility.
The Library is seeking submissions from artists for our 2019 season. The display periods are :
- February 5 to March 12, 2019
- March 12 to April 23, 2019
- April 23 to June 4, 2019
- June 4 to July 16, 2019
- July 16 to September 4, 2019 (Youth artists on display only.)
- September 4 to October 15, 2019
- November 5 to December 19, 2019
We encourage submissions from artists working in a variety of genres (painting, photography, basketry, sculpture etc., and exploring a variety of content, from landscape to political satire. Artists may submit as individuals or as a group.
To submit, please send your artist bio and samples of your work (jpegs or link to online images) to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your preferred display period. If the samples submitted are not what you intend to display, please include a brief description of your proposed display. Artists will be notified if their work has been selected.
Display area is located behind the main circulation desk, both on the walls and display counter. For more information, visit the library or email email@example.com. The Library does not handle sales of work, nor does the Library take a commission on works sold as a result of display.
The library thanks all the artists for their submissions and their contribution in making the Gibsons Public Library such a dynamic space.