GDPL is seeking a dynamic library professional to work 6 to 10 hours regularly per week plus work casual on call to fill vacation and sick leave for regular staff. Circulation staff are the main contact for library inquires; excellent customer service and computer skills are essential. Main duties include registering library users and maintaining their electronic accounts, assisting users in locating library materials using the online catalogue, checking items in and out, and providing general clerical support. Reference staff are responsible for fulfilling Interlibrary loan requests, cataloguing library materials, and providing support to patrons on using digital devices and resources.
- Completion of a recognized library technicians’ program and/or relevant training and experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated cataloguing experience
- Ability to work co-operatively and to foster teamwork, work courteously and effectively with the public and staff
- Must be able to work in an environment that fosters change and innovation
- High degree of computer literacy and knowledge
Rate of pay: $23.31 to $26.57 per hour depending on shift
Application deadline: Tuesday, November 2nd at 5:00 pm
Submit cover letter highlighting relevant skills and experience, resume and three work related references: to
Heather Evans-Cullen, Library Director
Gibsons and District Public Library
Box 109, Gibsons, B.C., V0N 1V0
We thank all applicants but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.