Library Services Update and COVID-19 Safety Plan
Gibsons & District Public Library Services Update – November 17, 2020
Our goal: We will continue to provide the very best library services we can, given available resources and safety requirements. Our mission continues to be to connect our community to the world of culture, knowledge and ideas through our resources, expertise and inspiration.
- Current Service Hours:
- Drop Box:
The drop box is open 24/7 so people can easily return their items without entering the building.
- Take-out Services:
Take-out Service is still an option for patrons who are not wanting to enter the building.
- What is currently available inside the Library:
– Access to browsing the entire collection
– Holds pickup
– Friendly staff to assist with your research needs, suggest materials for reading or viewing, or to answer questions about your library account.
– Computers for word processing, internet and other applications- recommended 60 minute sessions only
– Wi-Fi 24/7
– Self-service printing, scanning, and copying
– Virtual programs and events
– Limited physically distanced individual study and reading areas- recommended 60 minutes only
- Temporarily Unavailable:
– Group study or tutoring space
– Meeting room rentals and space
– In person group programming
- When you visit the library:
– Please delay your visit if you or a close contact is experiencing symptoms of illness or if you are required to self-isolate
– Masks are mandatory. For patrons who can’t wear masks, the Library can offer virtual, online or contactless alternatives.
– Please sanitize your hands upon arrival
– Please maintain a distance of 6 feet between yourself and others