Book Club Sets
Want to start your own book club? We have Book Club Sets for your reading group!
You can now borrow individual copies of our book club books! Just grab a copy from our Book Club Set shelf and check it out for 3 weeks just like any other library book. If you’d rather take multiple copies for your book group, you can still do that too!
Each set contains multiple copies.
BOOK CLUB SETS
- 21 things you may not know about the Indian Act / Bob Joseph
- A little life : a novel / Hanya Yanagihara
- A man called Ove / Fredrik Backman
- A tale for the time being / Ruth Ozeki
- Alice network / Kate Quinn
- All my puny sorrows / Miriam Toews
- American Dirt / Cummins, Jeanine – Discussion questions
- Anatomist’s tale / Tauno Biltsted
- Astra / Cedar Bowers NEW
- Becoming / Michelle Obama
- Before the coffee gets cold / Toshikazu Kawaguchi NEW
- Best Kind of People/ Zoe Whittall
- Best of Me/ David Sedaris
- Between Two Kingdoms/ Suleika Jaouad
- Book of sands / Karim Alwari
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Break / Katherena Vermette – Discussion guide English French
- Brother / David Chariandy
- Chop suey nation / Anna Hui
- City of girls / Elizabeth Gilbert
- Do not say we have nothing / Madeleine Thien
- Dragon Springs Road : a novel / Janie Chang
- Dual Citizens / Alix Ohlin
- End of Eddy / Edouard Louis
- Everything here is beautiful / Mira T. Lee
- Fallen / Kara Stanley
- Fight Night/ Miriam Toews
- Finding the Mother Tree / Suzanne Simard – Discussion questions
- Fishermen / Chigozie Obioma
- Five Little Indians / Michelle Good – Discussion questions
- Fortunate brother / Donna Morrissey
- Giovanni’s room / James Baldwin
- Glass hotel / Emily St. John Mandel
- Gods of the Upper Air / by Charles King – Discussion questions NEW
- Greenwood by Michael Christie NEW
- A Good War/ Seth Klein – Discussion questions
- H is for hawk / Helen Macdonald
- Harem midwife / Roberta Rich
- Haven / Emma Donoghue NEW
- Inconvenient Indian : a curious account of native people in North America / Thomas King
- Indians on Vacation by Thomas King
- Jonny Appleseed / Joshua Whitehead
- Lands of lost borders : out of bounds on the Silk Road / Kate Harris
- Light between oceans : a novel / M.L. Stedman
- Like a Boy but not a Boy/ Andrea Bennett
- Little Paris bookshop : a novel / Nina George
- The Lincoln Highway/ Amor Towles
- Lost girls of camp forevermore / Kim Fu
- Man’s search for meaning / Viktor E. Frankl
- Medicine walk / Richard Wagamese
- Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- Moccasin Square Gardens / Richard Van Camp
- Monday Was a Simpler Time/ SCFWA
- Moss house / Clara Barley
- My brilliant friend / Elena Ferrante
- My name is Lucy Barton / Elizabeth Strout.
- The Myth of Normal / by Gabor Maté NEW
- On Earth we’re briefly gorgeous / Ocean Vuong
- One good thing / Rebecca Hendry
- Paris wife / Paula McLain
- Reason you walk / Wab Kinew
- Red notice / Bill Browder
- Return to Solitude / by Grant Lawrence – Discussion questions NEW
- Sea of Tranquility/ Emily St. John Mandel
- Sing, unburied, sing / Jesmyn Ward
- Son of a Trickster/ Eden Robinson
- State of wonder / Ann Patchett
- Sunday Drive to Gun Club Road / Quednau, Marion – Discussion questions
- Testaments / Margaret Atwood
- Theory/ Dionne Brand
- This is how it always is / Laurie Frankel
- The tiger flu / Larissa Lai
- Tree thieves / Lyndsie Bouron NEW
- Warlight / Michael Ondaatje
- Washington Black : a novel / Esi Edugyan
- We have always been here / Samra Habib
- Where’d you go, Bernadette? / Maria Semple
- White angel / John MacLachlan Gray
- White fragility / Robin DiAngelo
- Wonder : a novel / Emma Donoghue
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Loan period? Three weeks
- Additional copies? You may be able find additional copies of certain titles in our catalogue.
- Suggestions? We’re always open to suggestions for new titles. Suggested titles must be available in paperback (usually about a year after hardcover publication). The Library will not be able to purchase all suggested titles.
Starting Your Own Book Club?
Visit the links below for information on how to get your own book club going:
- NoveList [library card needed]
Includes book reviews, read-alikes, author biographies and discussion questions.
- GoodReads Includes reader reviews, trivia, reading lists, etc. You can choose to sign up and share book lists.
- BookClubs.ca Focuses on Canadian titles and includes reading guides, information about author events, and books in the news.
An online book club that anyone can join.
- Oprah’s Book Club
Includes recommended book lists, author interviews and more.
Includes reviews, previews, stories behind the books, author interviews, reading guides, and more.
- Mostly, we eat!
A long-running book club that includes recommended reads and advice on starting a book club.
- NoveList [library card needed]