bc211: Your link to community, social & government services
bc211 at a glance:
- 211 British Columbia Services Society (bc211) is a non-profit information and referral agency.
- A searchable directory of community resources serving the Fraser Valley, Metro Vancouver, Squamish-Lillooet and Sunshine Coast regional districts.
- You can now access 211 service simply by texting your city name to 2-1-1 from any mobile device. Accessing free information and referrals to community, government and social services no longer requires a phone call! bc211 connects people of all ages with community resources, providing immediate help with issues such as housing and shelter, substance use, health care and financial assistance. Help us create awareness of this new service!
- bc211 currently operates the following help lines:
- VictimLink BC: a 24/7multilingual help line for victims of crime in BC and Yukon
- Youth Against Violence Line: a 24/7 multilingual help line for BC youth wanting to make anonymous reports about violence, or that want to find information about resources in their area.
- Alcohol and Drug Information and Referral Line: a 24/7 multilingual line for anyone affected by alcohol or drug misuse.
- Problem Gambling Help Line: a 24/7 multilingual help line for anyone in BC affected by problem gambling.