||Maximum at One Time|
|Juvenile Books||3 weeks||40|
|Steam Kits||2 weeks||1|
|InterLibrary Loans||3 weeks||5|
|Chromebook||4 hours (in-library use only)||1|
- 40 items may be borrowed at one time on Adult cards
- Read about our new Fine policies
- $3 fine for removing RFID (Radio Frequency ID) sticker
- $2 fine for Interlibrary Loans not picked up.
- Borrowing privileges are revoked when fines reach $5
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when library account has 3 overdue items. Items must be renewed or returned in order to borrow more materials.
- Processing fee for lost or damaged materials: $2 per item
Courtesy Email Notifications
You can receive Courtesy Email Notifications 3 days before your books are due! Just add your email address to your patron record (under Account Preferences in our catalogue) and make email@example.com an accepted sender on the spam filter of your email client). Or ask at the desk. Any failure of Courtesy pre-overdue notices does not relieve patrons of the responsibility to return their borrowed items in a timely fashion.
Where to Return Items
- in the after-hours slots at the Library (use the slot marked “DVDs” for CDs and DVDs)
- at the Gibsons & Area Community Centre returns bin
- to the Sechelt Public Library
- to any of the Interlink locations on the lower Mainland
Note: Interlibrary loans and STEAM Kits MUST be returned to the Gibsons & District Public Library (NOT to another InterLINK library).
Renewals & Reserves (Holds)
- books, magazines, and audiobooks may be renewed twice (except reserved items)
- music CDs and DVDs may be renewed once (unless there is a reserve on the item)
- Interlibrary loans are brought in for you from other libraries and cannot be renewed by us
- if one of our books or CDs is currently on loan to another patron, you can add your name to the waiting list by requesting a reserve on the item (phone us or click on My Account)